Sarasota mold remediationThere are a number of places in your home that mold may start to grow and theoretically, they can grow anywhere in the house, but there are some areas that are more at risk than others.

Any room in the house where there is an excess amount of moisture going through it every single day is particularly at risk for mold growth and this risk should not be underestimated. A casual inspection every few weeks or every month should be done, if not due to the cost of having mold removed from the house, but also due to the health effects that mold can cause if it is let to thrive.

The very first room that you need to be concerned with is the bathroom. This is the mold center of the house 99 percent of the time, since more water passes in and out of this room than any other.

Every member of your family takes a bath or a shower every day (at least, they should) and this means gallons upon gallons of water moving to and from the room, either in the form of steam or liquid.

The liquid form is the most dangerous to the floor, especially if the floor is not waterproofed. This will cause not only mold growth, but also water damage to the floor joists that can cause it to rot over time. Long term damage such as this has been known to cause toilets and tubs to fall through the floor, resulting in an expense that most people do not have the money to pay for immediately according to Sarasota mold remediation company Sarasota Disaster relief.

The steam produces a problem for the ceiling and upper walls if there is nowhere for it to escape to. Most building codes require that there be a window or an exhaust fan installed in the bathroom, but you should really have both of these. The fan will remove the steam from the room and direct it outside where it will do no damage to anything.

The next room you should take care of is the kitchen. Whether you have a dishwasher or do your dishes by hand, there is always a chance that water will be spilled onto the floor and seep into an area that you cannot completely dry.

This is usually because your floor is not completely sealed or has cracks in the flooring. Mold can also grow due to the steam coming from your stove, but this problem can be solved if you have an exhaust vent installed over it.